Volunteer Your Skills
– the benefits are many!
Skills-based volunteering is a great way for you to make a difference in your community while at the same time, it allows you to gain new skills and apply your current skill-set in different ways. In a recent survey on LinkedIn, 42 percent of hiring managers stated they consider volunteer work equivalent to full-time work experience. 20 percent said they’d hired someone because of their volunteer experience. These statistics clearly illustrate how beneficial volunteering can be as part of your overall career development strategy. So, whether you’re looking for work, changing fields, or somewhere in-between, keep in mind that volunteerism is good for the heart and your resume!
The PDC is Seeking Volunteers
We are currently looking for individuals to volunteer their talents in a variety of ways. Whether you can give one-hour or are looking for something more long-term, volunteering with the PDC is a great way for you to sharpen and showcase your skills, add work to your professional portfolio, learn new skills and interact with other professionals in the area.
Here are some of the ways you can help:
• Marketing and Advertising
• Work on the PDC Newsletter
- o Article Writers; Proofreaders; Production and Design; etc.
• Teach a Class
• Social Media Strategy & Support
- o Updates and content for Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
• On-site Coordination
- o Set-up before classes; Check-in Attendees; Customer Service; etc.
• Fund-Raising and Grant Writing
• Web Site Support/Technical Help
• Have other ideas on how you can help? We’d love to hear from you.
Anyone interested in volunteering should contact Larry Elle at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, best way to reach you and how you might like to help. You can also volunteer through the application on our web page.
Thank you in advance for your interest in becoming a PDC volunteer!