Thursday November 26
9:30 am — 4:30 pm
PDC Training Center at Trinity Episcopal Church 1 Blue Hill River Road , 2nd Floor, Canton MAP
Cost: $105 ($97 + $8 materials fee)
Early Bird Special: $97 through September 20
Instructor: Robin Friedman
You don’t have to be a web developer to be able to create and update your own website. WordPress has evolved from a simple blogging tool into a sophisticated and powerful website publishing platform.
In this workshop you will learn:
• WordPress basics
• Instructions on installing WordPress on computers or servers
• What is WordPress Core and how to add functionality
• Mastering the concept of Posts and Pages
• The difference between wordpress.org and wordpress.com
• Knowing WordPress security issues and how to make periodic backups
Robin Friedman is both a designer and a web developer, and for the past 15 years, she has used these two skillsets to build custom websites for small business owners. She is also involved with other projects including developing software for patient education. Examples of some of her WordPress sites include: rachelhopkin.com, brooklinesoccer.org, and pdc-staging.zw5h9lfd-liquidwebsites.com. Robin has also taught software technology at area colleges and adult education centers.