AN ONLINE PRESENTATION
Resumes That Win Interviews:
For New Grads to Senior Professionals
Wednesday May 26
Time: 10:00 am — 12:00 pm
Instructor: Joanne Meehl
In this webinar, you will learn how to end the mystery of “That job was perfect for me, but I never heard back when I sent my resume.” You’ll be able to spot and fix problems you didn’t know your resume had.
Today the economy is rebounding but competition is fierce. Candidates who were employed in 2020 but decided to stay put, are joining 2020 and 2021 grads, all looking to advance their careers. Your resume represents YOU in the marketplace. In this webinar, Joanne Meehl will show you practical ways of doing a resume that increase employer responses. Your resume’s “job” is to generate interviews. Joanne’s methods, developed over 20 years of seeing what works while conferring with recruiters and hiring managers, mean her clients get an almost-100% response rate. Stop wasting time re-creating your resume every time, and learn how you can generate more interviews.
Each participant will also learn:
- The Top Ten Traits of resumes that land interviews (revealed for the first time)
- Spot and fix 3 problems you didn’t know your resume had
- How resumes need to be your mission statement, reveal what YOU want
- How to make your resume become the “spine” of your LinkedIn profile
- How to ensure that your resume is part of a networking-based, “team” job search
- Learn how to be bold with your resume: Lukewarm doesn’t cut it any more
- How to be ATS-sensitive yet how to get around ATS systems
- How to ensure that your resume is “YOU on paper/on the screen” and have it work for you
- LIVE LAB: review of 3 resumes, before and after, and what they did for each job hunter (one new grad, two senior professional) – Have your resume handy so you can make changes as we go along
Who Should Attend: Managers, Team Leaders, Director and VP level, Tech staff, new grads.
Joanne Meehl, BA, MS, IJCDC, is a job search coach who was nicknamed “the resume queen” when she was at the South Coastal Career Center in Quincy, MA. Since then, she has been with outplacement company Lee Hecht Harrison (Raytheon Project), and has had her own company since 2003, working with job hunters around the US. Unlike many coaches who farm out the creation of candidate resumes, Joanne works in collaboration with her clients to make them employer-irresistible. Known for her high-energy and content-rich style, she will over-deliver on ideas and free tip sheets, and will answer all your questions so you can put these new ideas to work FOR you. Please visit: JoanneMeehlCareerServices.