AN ONLINE PRESENTATION
Gaining New Relationships For Career and Personal Growth
Friday March 26
Time: 2:00 — 3:30 pm
Instructor: Eric Ross
Most professional and executive jobs come through networking. Many professional positions are never advertised and can only be accessed in the “hidden job” market. This presentation provides a thorough overview of the why, what, and how of relationship-referral networking and will give participants all the tools needed to develop extensive networks that access the hidden market.
Attendees will learn a step-by-step process that starts with people they know and generates a continuing source of new professional contacts. Through relationship-referral networking, these contacts become helpers in the job search, become sources of new networking connections, and some will become long-term professional or personal friends.
Key Benefits of Presentation
- Learn how to start the relationship-referral networking process
- Understand how to effectively leverage existing contacts
- Understand, and learn how to access, the hidden job market
- Learn key things never to do when networking
- Learn how to grow the network & build target market presence
- Know how to use three opportunities to make a first impression
- Understand how this works, face-to-face and remotely
- Learn how networking can overcome “traditional” employment barriers(age, gaps, short jobs, etc.
The course includes time for breakout groups where participants can meet fellow professionals online.
Eric Ross is often acknowledged as New England’s master networker. Eric is an accomplished senior business executive who has successfully walked-the-walk of job transition through networking. He has held a number of senior operations and general management positions in manufacturing, renewable energy, and service industries. His presentations on networking have been given at outplacement firms, to college alumni groups, at numerous networking groups, and to professional associations, all with rave reviews.