AN ONLINE PRESENTATION
Landing Your First Professional Job:
Strategies That Work for New Grads and Advanced Level Grads
Wednesday, May 19 to be rescheduled
Time: 1:00 — 3:00 pm
Instructor: Bob Dolan
This webinar is designed for new grads, whether college or with advanced degrees. Participants will learn all the key elements of a successful job search in today’s pandemic economy. You’ll be introduced to a career planning process useful throughout your career and master key skills needed for a successful job search including virtual networking and interviewing. If you’re unsure of how to mount a successful job search in our highly competitive economy, this workshop is for you.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- An understanding of the Career Planning Process learning how your skills and interests intersect with employer needs
- The key elements of a successful job search such as preparing a strong communications package including your resume and cover letter
- What skills employers want, self-assessment considerations, and establishing SMART goals
- Learning the importance of networking and accessing help and support when needed
- Also included will be how to navigate a phone and video interview.
Bob Dolan, MBA Bob worked in Career Services at MIT for nearly 16 years. He returns to MIT seasonally to assist students with career decision making and pursuing academic or industry jobs and careers. He is a Certified Job Search and Career Transition Consultant with experience in career management since 2001. Bob holds a BS in Business and an MBA. Before joining MIT, Bob had a private career consulting practice and worked with clients across multiple industries. He has 20 years of industry experience in the Publishing, Chemical, and Telecomm industries where he managed local and global finance organizations supporting the Corporate, Tax, R&D and Manufacturing Engineering functions. He has also published 12 career related articles at Oxford University for the Federation of the European Microbiology Society.