AN ONLINE PRESENTATION
Developing Your Emotional Intelligence (EQ) for Personal & Career Success
Friday June 14
Time: 10:00 am — 1:00 pm
Where: MassHire Metro North Career Center
Instructor: Kathryn McGlynn
What is Emotional Intelligence? EI (or EQ) is a set of competencies that enhance your ability to relate positively to others in the workplace. People with high emotional intelligence are adept at using empathy and constructive communication to create a collaborative, cooperative work environment.
Why choose to develop EQ? EQ has great benefits in every area of your life’s relationships, both business and personal. Research has shown that EQ plays a critical role in higher productivity, performance and job satisfaction. People with high EQ are optimistic and realistic and less likely to suffer badly from stress- related illnesses. Although IQ remains fairly stable in adult years, you can improve your EQ significantly at any age. A powerful personal transformation can happen when you undertake a self-development program that utilizes EQ skills.
- Evaluate their personal levels of self-awareness and self-management with an EQ self-assessment test.
- Experience individual and group guided exercises to develop several aspects of EQ.
- Explore core values that foster personal responsibility, improve decision-making, and allow mastery of self-regulation.
- The Definition of Intelligence
- Self-Awareness and Emotional Intelligence
- Self-Control and Managing Emotions
- Attitude and Motivation
- Social Competency: Enhance Your Ability to Understand and Influence Others
Kathryn McGlynn is a certified hypnotist who has been in private practice since 1996. She employs NLP (NeuroLinguistic Programming) in her healing and training seminars. She is an Emotional Intelligence (EQ) Development Trainer and keynote speaker for public and private organizations. Her office in Quincy, MA is conveniently located to offer private sessions to South Shore, Cape Cod and Boston residents. She offers a diverse number of adult-ed hypnosis seminars in many schools, colleges, and hospitals throughout the region, and has created more than 25 hypnosis CDs to help people create positive changes in their lives.