Agile and Scrum Fundamentals
Friday March 29
9:00 am — 4:00 pm
MassHire Metro North Career Center 100 TradeCenter, Suite G-100, Woburn MAP
Cost: $137 ($117 + $20 materials fee)
Early Bird Special: $117 through March 20
Instructor: Frank Saucier
This one-day class is designed to provide you with a rapid foundation in the values, benefits, and practices of Agile and Scrum in the shortest amount of time using an active classroom with simulations and interactive team learning exercises. You’ll leave with a solid understanding of what “doing Agile” or “adopting Scrum” really means and be ready to move forward with Scrum in your organization. If you already do Scrum and need to spin up more teams or on-board new employees quickly, this is the class for you.
PMI credential holders, can earn 7.5 PDUs.
Here’s a list of the topics the class covers:
- Comparing traditional and Agile approaches
- Understanding the roles, events, artifacts, and rules of Scrum
- Visualizing progress with taskboards, burndowns, and burnups
- Creating, ordering, and grooming the product backlog
- Estimating with teams using planning poker & affinity techniques
- Conducting iterative planning and development with Scrum, Kanban, and XP
- Conducting effective standups, sprint planning, sprint reviews, and retrospectives
- Working with a Definition of Ready (DoR) and a Definition of Done (DoD)
Who Should Attend? With rich, useful content, a single day commitment, and a low price, the class is great for both individuals and teams. Individuals quickly gain the knowledge they need to broaden their skills and make themselves more marketable, teams carry back knowledge they can apply immediately. This course is ideal for programmers, engineers, project managers, team leaders, anyone involved with product development.
Frank Saucier is an Executive and Agile coach, trainer, and change facilitator at FreeStanding Agility. By inviting participation and building collaboration, Frank’s able to empower teams and leaders to realize their goals of adopting Agile and scaling Business Agility. You can reach Frank by email at FrankS@FreeStandingAgility.com or on LinkedIn.