Introduction to Grant Writing
Grant writing skills are a hot, in-demand skill. They are invaluable to anyone working in non-profits, community programs, government agencies, academic research, arts and environmental groups and even corporations seeking grants or government contracts. This ability is also a valuable skill for job seekers or volunteers serving in community based organizations.
This half-day grant writing workshop provides an introduction to the grant writing process including an overview of the essential administrative functions for grant acquisition, types of funding sources, cultivation of funders, breakdown of budgets, the anatomy of a grant, and preparing a proposal paper.
Participants will gain the following benefits:
- An overview of fundraising in today’s competitive environment
- “Hands on” skills in researching funding sources
- Understanding of how to approach and cultivate funding prospects
- Mastery of all the elements of grant writing basics
- Grant Writing Tips and Best Practices